- Analysing the Stainless Steel Industry for more than 15 years
- Specialist for China, Tube & Pipe and Oil & Gas
Wolfgang Lipp - Managing Director
Wolfgang Lipp has more than 15 years of experience in global market research and consulting for the stainless and specialty steel industry. In 2002, he joined SMR Group as a Market Analyst, specializing in the stainless and specialty steel industry on a global scale. Today his tasks are split across three companies of the SMR Group:
- SMR - Steel & Metals Market Research: Vice President Planning & Controlling
- SMR Events: Managing Director, organization of stainless & special steel conferences
- SMI - Steel Market Intelligence: Managing Director, multi-client market research projects
Before starting his career in the special steel industry he held positions with the world-wide leading powder metallurgy company PLANSEE, in Austria. Thereafter, he worked for SIEMENS AG, which included being stationed with subsidiary companies in England, Germany and Singapore.
Wolfgang Lipp holds a degree in International Marketing from the University of Applied Sciences, Kufstein, Austria. He augmented a part of his studies at the California Lutheran University in the USA.