Asian Stainless Steel Forum 2018
Thanks for attending this event. You can find pictures of the event in our picture galary.
The video of the event can be viewed here.
organized in association with
One Belt, One Road ('OBOR') – A Monumental Opportunity for Stainless Steel
Infrastructure is one of the main future drivers for stainless steel products world-wide. Infrastructure projects represent important applications for all product forms from cold rolled sheet to hot rolled plates, tube and pipes, as well as wire and bars and downstream products including fittings, flanges and fasteners.
And now the world’s biggest infrastructure project ('OBOR', also called the 'New Silk Road') of all time is picking up speed. The $900 billion project, initiated by the government of China, will have an impact far beyond its borders. 64 countries that represent 62% of the global population, could be impacted by the project. It comprises 2 mega-trade corridors that shall connect China with Europe – once through Central Asia and once via Eastern Africa.
The OBOR project will boost infrastructure investments in all subscribing countries. However, it will also indirectly impact the stainless steel industry, as the newly integrated ‘4-in-1’ Indonesian stainless steel plants were financed through OBOR.
The Asian stainless steel industry will meet in Shanghai for 2 days to discuss the status quo of our sector and all relevant issues that will shape the business in 2018 and beyond. All key Chinese and Asian players will be on stage as well as in the audience to discuss all relevant issues. Therefore, we have structured the event with more panel discussions than ever before to make sure everything – that is relevant for the audience – will be addressed.
The following topics will be discussed in detail:
- Impact of One Road One Belt (OROB) for Stainless Steel by Product Form
- Global Trends and Outlook
- Consolidation in Asia
- 4-in-1 production systems – risk or opportunity for Asian mills?
- Overcapacity: Closures versus new capacities?
- Profitability 2018 versus 2017
- Chinese Mills moving from commodities to High End Stainless Steel (STS)
- Duplex market 2018 and Outlook by Region and Product
- Oil price 80 $/bbl? Implications for special STS
- Applications for Superaustenitic & Superferritic STS
- Will China become the next aerospace super-power?
- The fast growing Chinese market for Nickelalloys
- Appliances 'Made in China' for the world
- Cars 'Made in China' for the World & Impact of e-mobillity
- Boom in semiconductors - Implications for STS
- Trends in shipbuilding including Liquid Natural Gas (LNG)
- Global Outlook for Chemical Process Projects
- The future for STS distribution in China - The European or U.S. Way?
- Ni deficit or surplus in 2018 and 2019 (supply/demand)?
- Will NPI completely replace Class I Ni?
- Scenarios for Ni in Batteries - which will be the winning technology?
- Is the LME / SHFE becoming obsolete? New pricing models for Ni
- The Ni and STS ramp-up in Indonesia
- Outlook for 18-8 scrap availabillity in China
- Cr price pressure from new developments in South Africa?
- Molybdenum: China is the 'wild-card' in the supply / demand balance
- Electrode shortage - here to stay?
- From Coal to Gas in Power Generation - driving a massive Gas Price increase?
- Labour cost increases - are Chinese mills losing their competitiveness?
- Rising Costs from Environmental regulations
- Digitalization driving technology
- Productivity enhancement potentials in STS production
- Environmental regulations - threat or opportunity for STS making?
- China: A growing market for bright annealed products
- VIM / VAR / ESR - Technologies for specialty products
- Rotary Forging - the right solution for high end products
- Section 232 in USA - Impact on global trade flows
- What other trade cases can be expected in STS?
- Outlook for Chinese Exports
- The impact of protectionism on offshoring of STS products (fittings, appliances etc.)
- Globalization I: M&A opportunities for Asian mills
- Globalization II: Greenfield Investment opportunities as part of OROB